Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 106

Okay, I'm not a dog lover but this is terribly cute - don't you think!
 This was our inspiration teapot this week and it has a wonderful story to go along with it.  Here's a link to the full story - click here.  We also have a destination station this week.  A young man with leukemia whose baseball team has shaved their heads in a sign of unity to support him during his treatments.  He needs a little uplifting.  I hope that this card with a little trivia question will lift his spirits a little.


Here's a close up of the question:


Do you know the answer?  Uh uh, no fair looking it up on Google.  If you really want to be a KOOK you have to know these kinds of things!

The card base is So Saffron and the baseball field is Garden Green run through the big shot with an embossing folder.  The dog is made from various punches, as are the baseballs.  Stitching was added with a Real Red marker.  The question and multiple choices were stamped with my Just Rite stampers and "hey andrew" was stamped using Rough Letters. 

So did you guess yet?  Okay, I'll spill.  The answer is D.  It takes 88 inches of red waxed string and 216 stitches for each baseball.  

Now come with me to visit the teapot gallery.  

2 comments:

  1. I think I will not make memory space for that piece of trivia, but it's perfect for the card, which in turn is perfect for the challenge - I like your layout and cute dog. We once had a basset, but it was when I was quite young so I don't remember her too well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I think Andrew will get a big kick out of it, I know my son would.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.