Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 105


Isn't this fantastic!  I'd love to stop in and shop in that store.  One of our teapotters sent Cindy this picture and that's how it became our inspiration piece for Teapot Tuesday.  Click on the link to find out more about the challenge this week.

This is how I was inspired both by the teapot and the story this week.  Doesn't the teapot kind of remind you of the water tower in Petticoat Junction?  Maybe that thought was planted by Cindy but I pictured this lovely floral dress hanging on the side of the teapot/water tower.


Here's a close up of the flowers and the dress.  The centers of the flowers are MS microbeads.


The Lockhart stamp was a recent purchase from a little stamp store down the shore.  It was on their sale rack and it called my name as you can see.  I used my paper crimper on some Whisper White cs for the background and punched the fence from the same paper.  The image was colored with my SU markers and highlighted by cutting it out with my Labels Two Nestabilities.  The flowers are punched out of Marina Mist with the SU Three for You punch and the leaves are in Garden Green and punched with another MS punch.

I added two ribbons to the fence piece - Bashful Blue taffeta and the new 1/8" satin in Marina Mist - and three little bows on top of that.

If you check out the link above you will see our destination station this week is to someone who needs a little cheering up.

Now I need to go to the gallery and spread some good comments there.  I've been so busy lately that I've been rather neglectful in that way.  (Sorry ladies!).  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful your card is Lorraine. What a pretty and feminine look. Awesome image and well, that BLUE. Love your nestie frame too.

    Cool blog yourself! HUGSXO

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.