Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strange Birds


Several years ago I was at a community garage sale and came across some unpainted wooden birds that someone was selling for ten cents a piece.  I bought them -  a bunch of them.  At ten cents it was definitely worth it, but this is as far as I got with painting them.  We have had them out in the yard in various places over the years but this year HWNSNBP clumped them together and I think they look rather nice against the dark mulch. 

These birds reminded me of a stamp I had picked up in the $ bin at Mike's.  I colored the stamped image exactly as the picture on the back of the stamp was colored and paired it with some of the retired Ice Cream Shoppe DSP and ribbon. 


I'm sending this to a friend who has been taking care of her mother and could use some cheering up.


And I had enough paper to put together a couple more items, including a bookmark.

Just as a side note - our baby blues have definitely fledged over the weekend and the royal mister is looking to start a new nest.  It's so funny to hear him calling in the trees surrounding the house, but I cannot seem to put eyes on him.  I know the parents are busy educating the fledges to ways of the nature world.  Maybe we'll catch a glimpse of them now and then should there be another clutch in the works.

3 comments:

  1. I love those birds! How cute they look all together in your garden!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do find some lovely bird stamps and purchases. Those birds in the garden must be lovely to see; I like them in a cluster.
    Hope you're able to enjoy the weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorraine! I don't even know which to comment on first - those adorable painted birds in the yard or the card!!!!! I love how the birds look all grouped together and the colors you used to paint them are so cheerful!!!! Might have to find some birds to paint for the garden :) I love how you colored the bird stamp too - I know it will cheer up your special friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.