Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thank You For the Flowers


One of the teachers brought in some lovely end-of-the-season hydrangeas from her garden to put on my counter in the office.  She put them in a cute little green pitcher.   Almost everyone has commented on how pretty they look, I just had to tell her.  And what better way than in a card.  I used the hydrangea flower from the hostess set Because I Care.  I stamped it in Basic Gray and then used my watercolor crayons and aquapainter to color it.  The sentiment and the leafy frame are stamps from Just Believe. 


I layered Pixie Pink and Pink Passion onto a Pear Pizzazz card base and used my Pear Pizzazz ribbon stitched poly for the bow. 

I meant to take a picture of the flowers today and forgot.  I'd love to let the hydrangeas dry out and save them for awhile - if only they would keep their wonderful color!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! Love the colors and I guess I just have to get that set now! Thanks for your kind comment too! I have been lax in leaving comments but stop by your site every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! So Gorgeous!!! I LOVE that leafy frame!!!!! It's hard to imagine that the real flowers are as beautiful as the card :) Thank you so much for your comments too Lorraine! They always make me smile and I appreciate them (and you) so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.