Friday, March 26, 2010

F4A5 - The Great White Way

Today's Free For All Challenge is called The Great White Way, and for this challenge we were to create a card inspired by our favorite Broadway musical.  Do I have a favorite?  Well, I do have a couple of favorites, but let's see if you can guess what this represents.................. (if you click on the picture you can see it close-up)


Need help?  Okay.  We have trees.  Is it A Tree Grows in Brooklyn?  No.  I think that was a play, but I never saw it.

Is it Sunday in the Park with George?  No, although I'm sure you can find trees in the park.

Four trees?  Four seasonal trees.  Four seasons.  Four Seasons! 

Yep, that's right -  the musical is Jersey Boys.  Give yourself a good pat on the back if you figured that one out.

The trees are from A Tree for All Seaons, and the sentiment comes from Season of Friendship.  The trees were stamped in Basic Gray on Whisper White and then colored with my SU markers.  I added blue sky background with my pastels and a Q-Tip although I know you can't really see it in the picture.  I punched them out with a 1 3/8" square punch and then mounted them on Ruby Red cs. 

The card base is Chocolate Chip and the sentiment is stamped in the same color on Carribean Blue cs.  I ran the top portion of the Carribean Blue panel through the Big Shot with a texture folder.  The last touch is the Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain. 

The second part of this challenge was that it had to be an unusual size.  This is 4 x 8 and should fit in a #10 business envelope. 

As a Christmas present to ourselves HWNSNBP gets us tickets to a show to see during the Christmas/New Year break.  A couple of years ago he managed to snag some tickets to Jersey Boys - it had been sold out for a long time.  We still listen to the soundtrack in the car!

Want to see the rest of the challenge cards?  Click here.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Jersey Boys. Well, I suppose I am stuck in a time warp when it comes to musicals. Prices here for the big shows are so expensive, so if we go at all it tends to be the amateur dramatic societies. We were going to do our best to fit Fiddler on the Roof in recently to see a friend, but it was sold out.
    Whatever about not having heard of Jersey Boys, this is one of my all-time favourite SU sets, and I love what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so FABULOUS -- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine, I love your card. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.