Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yellow Bird

Again, I have to say that this card is much prettier IRL. There are just too many shadows and this was difficult to photograph because the front panel is all embossed. I lost count of how many times I tried not to get the flash to show and not to wash out the colors.

The story behind this card - the staff at my school is very generous and for Christmas, they have given me a nice cash gift which I tuck away until I find something that I wouldn't normally buy for myself and splurge. Last year I got my Cuttlebug with the money. This year, after my $7 Christmas Tree Shop tote bag blew it's zipper, I decided that I would get a Vera Bradley bag. I got the new spring catalog and after some deliberation, chose the new Yellow Bird pattern. I had sent the $ with Rachel (my DD) when she went to visit her friends in Delaware. Why? Because that's where she got all of hers and there's no tax in DE. The only problem was that the store was closed every weekend that she went. Then I found out through one of the teachers that I work with that there is a VB store in the mall - now I have my new bag. I was inspired to make a card based on that pattern.

This was a labor-intensive card for me, but I was home this afternoon with Rachel after her surgery and had the house quiet so I could hear the bells if she called me and I was able to concentrate on what I was doing. I also got some exercise as each item on the card is stamped in color, then overstamped with VersaMark and then embossed. So I was back and forth from the dining room table to the kitchen counter for each motif. Aside from the fact that the light colors got muddied from the black ink as it was sponged on, I think it came out pretty good.

Stamps: Always, Priceless
Paper: Basic Gray, Summer Sun, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Summer Sun, VersaMark, Basic Black
Markers: Going Gray, Summer Sun, VersaMarker
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Black Gingham Ribbon, Styled Silver Brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Surgery Update: Rachel is doing fine although she does have a lot of pain. She has managed to eat some ices and is drinking which is important so she doesn't get dehydrated and spike a fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.