Friday, May 8, 2020

Teacher Appreciation Week


This week is typically celebrated as Teacher Appreciation Week.  Not being in the school made it a little difficult to show appreciation.  I decided to make tags/badges for all of our staff and mail  them to them.   I also sent a card along with the tags.  I had been going through boxes in my craft room and came across a box of cards that I had made, mostly for the Teapot Tuesday challenges several years ago and decided that they needed to be freed from their quarantine.  Those cards were created based on the teapot of the week and not specifically cards for occasions.  I didn't sign them, instead I taped a little note inside that said:

Hello Friend,

This card was made for a weekly online art challenge I did for several years called Teapot Tuesday.  The inspiration was the featured teapot of the week.

I made them and stashed them away and now I'm sending you this one in the hope that it will brighten your day.

It's not signed in case you want to pass it on.

Stay well friend.




I spent a few hours cutting, coloring, punching, and gluing until I had enough.


The only hold up was that I didn't have enough envelopes to mail them out.  So I had to order from Amazon and those envelopes got bounced around New Jersey for two days until they found our mailbox.  Seriously.  I was tracking the package and could not believe what I was reading.  The first day they were held up because of extreme weather.  I should note that there wasn't any extreme weather at the time.  They were at the UPS facility two towns away and then were sent to a facility in South Jersey.  They must have realized that they didn't belong there because the next morning they were shipped back to the closer facility.  So a promised two-day delivery took 5 days.  I shouldn't complain because after all, they were only envelopes.  But I was seriously considering starting to make some envelopes to make sure I could mail these so they'd get to the staff before the week was over.  I was pleased to find out today that some had already been delivered.


As we have a teacher in the family I can tell you that they are doing more work now than they did when they were in the classroom.  The amount of time planning, recording, documenting, contacting parents, contacting students, following up - all that in addition to taking care of their own families is monumental.  And they have risen to the task.  They deserve much appreciation.

3 comments:

  1. These are great Lorraine, and I know the teachers will appreciate them! Love the colours!
    Stay well!
    Sunshine.
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've had a couple of odd tracking issues like that. Frustrating. I really like your tags and I totally agree with the sentiment. I had some great teachers and my dad was an enormously popular one but you couldn't have persuaded me to do it. Nice way to use your stash of TPT cards. I think I still have one fromtfrom Cindy's time that I loved too much to use.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.