Thursday, February 25, 2016

Baby Shower

On Valentine's Day we had a baby shower for my daughter-in-law.  It was a brunch held at her mother's house.  Her mom and sisters made a delicious variety of brunch foods, Rachel brought specialty desserts, and my role was to make the favors - definitely in my wheelhouse.  

Oh, and it also had a book theme.  So looking back on some of the things that I have done in the past, these little punched babies reading books was where I was headed again.  (Can you tell what she's having?)  



I did some searching and found a pattern for a little box that looked like a book here.  Luckily I had a bunch of this scrapbook paper that was perfect.  

Here is the book closed.


And then opened.  I added a two-page spread inside the cover that had a pictures of Michelle and Chris as babies on each side along with their birth dates and labeled "My Mom" and "My Dad" and then across the bottom of the two pages "Thank you for coming."


The box opens and inside 6 Hershey's nuggets fit perfectly.

  
I used the babies on magnetic bookmarks that I made from matching blue and green card stock and repurposed magnets.  I tied a thin grosgrain ribbon around each book box first and then slipped the magnetic bookmark over the ribbon.  Everyone seemed pleased with them.  


The food was delicious, and she was so overwhelmed by all the wonderful gifts that she received. Her mom made her a beautiful quilt (not the one in the picture), my mother had knitted them a baby afghan, and one of Michelle's friends crocheted a beautiful afghan with a sailboat motif.  They have a nautical theme in the baby's room.  This is the card that I made for them which I cased from here


She's feeling and looking great and has about 9 weeks to go now.  The excitement is building!

3 comments:

  1. First of all Congratulations! And what fun favors. I bet the excitement is building!

    ReplyDelete

  2. The little baby books are sooooo cute - I love them! You did a GREAT job:-)
    Sunshine, New Zealand
    www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A book theme sounds like a great start to any new life!! And those little favours are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.