Monday, October 11, 2010

TLC Challenge - Wet Paper Stamping


This morning I had a little bit of extra time before I had to leave for work because it was an In-Service day.  I managed to get in my exercise and then I made the mistake of sitting down at the computer.  When I saw the Technique challenge for today I had an idea that I wanted to try. 

This technique involves wetting watercolor paper first and then stamping an image on the wet paper.  The image blurs because it is wet and the next step would be to use a heat gun to dry it.  Once the paper is dry, you stamp over the image.  You'll see my Paisley Print oak leaves are done this way.  I stamped them in Pumpkin Pie on the wet paper, heat dried it and overstamped with Cherry Cobbler. (Sounds like a dessert special doesn't it?)

That's about all I got done before work.  Then when I came home I stamped a Paisley Print Pumpkin in Pumpkin Pie, rolled it in Cherry Cobbler and used my markers to color the stem and vine.


I had a Starbucks coffee sleeve on my table and I pulled it apart to get to the corrugation.  After I squared this piece up, I tied a piece of hemp around it, placed the pumpkin on it and added the button with the linen thread.  Oh, almost forgot - the sentimenet "Gratitude" was added from the Day of Gratitude set using Cherry Cobbler and my Stamp-a-ma-jig.

The leaf layer is backed by Cajun Craze, then Autumn Spice DSP on a Cherry Cobbler card base.  I kind of like this technique and will probably give it another try.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.