Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 117


Well I guess I had to make up for being absent last week at the tea party so I made two cards for this weeks challenge.  One to go with the teapot and one to go with the story and the destination station. 

Cindy always comes up with the most fantabulous stories - read this - and she gives us the greatest opportunities to find some way to be inspired. 

The destination station is the stepson of one of our teapotters - a young man who was attacked and bitten by a friend's dog.  He has some intense healing to go through in the near future.  The story Cindy wove around the teapot also dealt with one of this fellow's passions - Nascar racing.  Well unfortunately, I know very little about Nascar racing, but thinking ahead, I had picked up this kid's stamp set at a $Tree not too long ago and I was able to use it on this card...........


It's from the Disney movie Cars (I think) and I stamped, colored, and cut out three of them.  I used a couple of embossing folders - the diamond plate in silver and the herring bone in black for the tire tracks.  I got out my Just Rite stamp set and stamped the sentiment - Hope You Have A Speedy Recovery.

The second card was purely inspired by the teapot.  I've had this Alma Lynn stamp for a long time - I got it on clearance from I don't know where.  But I knew it would be perfect for this challenge. 

She is stamped in Basic Gray on watercolor paper and I used my aquapainter and ink pads to color her.  The red card base is stamped with Trendy Trees in VersaMark - not sure you can see that in the picture. 


I gave her a pink glove because of this......... Pink Glove Dance Sequel

And now before I ask you to join me in the gallery I'm going to ask that you say a prayer for a colleague of mine.  We found out today that one of the teachers that I work with is losing her battle with cancer.  She was diagnosed just this August with Stage IV ovarian cancer and it has been a very tough couple of months for her and her family.  The surgery and chemo she has had has not been successful and we were told today that it's a matter of a few days.  Such sad, sad news. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lorraine, how sad about your colleague. That is so fast from the diagnosis time! We just heard last week from a friend of DH's (she's the one I always make owl cards for) that her chemo hadn't been successful either. It seems so unfair to have gone through all the hardship of chemo (and surgery too, for your colleague) to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Lorraine....I am so sorry to hear of your news......what sadness. Working with your friend and experiencing what she and her family have been dealing with I am sure has been so difficult. I am so sad that her treatment has not been successful. Cancer ruins so many lives. For every happy ending there is also a sad ending and I am so sorry that is the case with your friend! My heart goes out for this family. My thoughts and prayers are with you, her and her family....

    Big hugs......


    Secondly, your cards are both wonderful. Thanks so much for sending Jess a card...it's awesome and I simply love the girley one! She is so sweet! I love that she has a pink glove on! I watched the video, what a kick! I love that you linked it here. Awesome.....

    I missed you last week.....hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.