Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 7

Do these little clips look familiar?


I have been mailing holiday socks to my daughter and her college roommates since, well, since they were roommates in college. Before I mail them, I remove those little metal clips that hold them together at the top and bottom. I've always thought that they would make great embellishments for cards or scrapbooks. Here is what I came up with this week.



I used the Great Friends stamp set for this. Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery ink was brayered over the circle. Then I stamped the leaf image in those same colors onto the circle. I added the sentiment in Tempting Turquoise which I know you can barely see in the picture, but I assure you, it is much clearer IRL.

The butterfly is inked in Apricot Appeal and then rock-n-rolled in Tangerine Tango. The butterfly's body is one of the metal clips as are the hangers for the ribbon pieces.

Can you think of other uses for these clips? If you can, leave me a comment or e-mail me. I'd love to hear your ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Another thing for me to save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Modrowsky4/25/2009 10:58 PM

    You are amazing! The things you can make from nothin'. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.