Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 5



A friend of mine gave me a bag full of these lovely orange magnetic clips. They had a raised sticker on them with the name of a product which I've blanked out. I thought they were pretty cool as you can put them on a fridge or filing cabinet and they can hold papers, or coupons, or whatever. But the sticker was kind of yucky so I carefully peeled them off and redecorated the area as you can see.



I had some DSP that had the same color in it as the clips, and I also had these die cut flowers from SU that were in shades that matched the paper and the clips. Then I grabbed some MS leaf punches, some Kiwi Kiss cardstock and punched some leaves. The last touch was adding the jewels to the center of the flower for some sparkle.


Just a note to add that when I peeled the stickers off, I stuck one of them to a piece of wax paper and used it as the template to cut the paper to the size of the indentation on the clip. There were 9 of these lovelies in the bag (unless I put some somewhere else) - so now I have nine potential Administrative Assistants Day gifts. They should brighten up someone's office.

1 comment:

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.