Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 44

Is it or isn't it - a teapot that is? I has a spout and it has a handle, ah but does the lid come off? I'm not sure about that either. But whether it does or it doesn't it's darn cute, don't you think! I do. I'm loving the colors. There's something about those blues and that lavendar, where have I seen that before - oh yeah, here. The green makes it so much more lovely.


You have to visit Cindy's glob to read her story behind this teapot/genie lantern, and to see what she came up with besides her teapot card. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And, if you want to see the rest of the teapot cards, check out this link for the Teapot Tuesday Gallery. The ladies that come to these weekly tea party's are so creative!!!!

When I was thinking about what to do for my card this week my eyes wandered to a jar of ribbons that I had that contained all of the colors in this weeks teapot. I don't know what made me think that using ribbons instead of stamping would get me results quicker, but I am pretty satisfied with the end result. It's been quite hot here, this evening being no exception, and I didn't want to spend too much time on it. But, I'm pretty satisfied with the result. What do you think?

The sentiment is a stamp from SU's Dream A Little stamp set which I thought fitting for the Genie Lantern Teapot. And, I actually used my new texture plates to emboss the upper part of the white panel - don't know if you can see it in the picture, it is very subtle.

Okay, back to making treasure chests .... more about that at a later date!

1 comment:

  1. Looks whose talking creative girlfriend! Holy cow! How awesome is this! I love what you did here! Its funny that seeing your ribbons sparked this idea! I remember a challenge once at SCS about using lots of ribbon on your card......This is the epitome of that challenge!

    Thank you for always including my links to your posts! I appreciate it and I am tickled despite the heat you made this wonderful card and came to the teaparty.

    I hope you are feeling good these days! If your creativity has anything to do with how you feel, you must be dong marvelous! (dahling!)

    Love YOUR card and thank you!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.