Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 41

Aha - we have an "artsy fartsy" teapot this week. A very colorful still life - with pear on the side. Check out Cindy's glob to get the whole story and see her acrylic masterpiece. We are really in need of a gallery this week with all these lovely works of art.

My first intention was to only color the pear and have the rest in black and white, but I think I got a little carried away. The pear is stamped using the retired Infinite Goodness set. The rest of the picture is hand drawn. I used ink pads and an aquapainter to do the watercolor work although it's meant to look like the fruit was colored by the tea.

Now I'm going back to the Splitcoast Gallery to find out what's been going on at the Tea Party this week. I've heard a rumor that we're playing poker, there's a gorilla on the loose, and heaven knows what else! I think we're all a little Fruit-tea this week!

3 comments:

  1. This turned out super. You all did such a great job with drawing these images. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of artsey fartsey! You are so much so! I can't believe you pretty much drew this whole card! I love the idea of the pear being colored by the tea. What a perfect card to bring to a tea party!

    You and your cards are amazing! I look forward to seeing them every week! Fruit-Tea! I get it! Snort! Oh! Guess what? The gorilla can really play poker! Dude, He is cleaning up!

    Good to see you this week. Girlfriend. Hope you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely...the feelin part :)
    Lovely Hugs

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.