Monday, April 13, 2009

It's A Boy, It's A Girl



I love it when my daughter comes home. She's been here on her Spring Break from the school where she teaches. We only had a couple of days that overlapped. I must return to work in the morning, she will have the rest of the week. So, besides spending time with the extended family for Easter, we managed to get a bit of shopping in, together and separately (with mom's checkbook and credit cards - but that's the way it should be, no?!).

She had e-mailed me last week and told me that she would be needing some cards. Three baby cards and a thank you. I had a few suitable thank you's but no baby cards on hand.

I happened across a card on Sandi MacIver's blog that I really liked. What I liked is how she added the Chocolate Chip to the baby card and how it made it pop! I didn't have such nice polka dot ribbon like she did, and I didn't feel that my CC grosgrain would do the job, so I altered the layout a little. I also paper pieced my baby carriages. Maybe that was a bit too much, but I like it. The sentiment is on the inside of the card. The image and the sentiment are from the set Fun and Fast Notes. I used the flower brads for the wheels like Sandi did, but I had some small pastel brads that I used for the hinge on the carriage.

So my daughter will be heading back soon and she'll have the cards she needs, plus a carload of other "stuff". I'm glad she gives me these little projects to do for her.

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable baby cards! Love the paper pieced buggies and flower brad wheels - I may feel a CASE coming on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you spent time with your daughter! What a good mommy you are!!! These are the cutest little cards! I love the wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you did an awesome job on these cards, they turned out just lovely, and thank you so much for the link to my blog.
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.