Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Teapot Tuesday 20

I bet a lot of people could tell you who this teapot was made by, but just in case you don't know, it's Mary Englebreit. Cindy has such an eclectic collection of teapots, don't you think! If you haven't been following along with my Teapot Challenge posts, and even if you have, you should check out Cindy's glob for all the details. And I know you'll certainly want to see her wonderful card(s) - she is extremely talented! You can even leave her a comment and tell her that Lorraine sent you!


So, being a fan of ME (that's Mary Englebreit silly), I totally had a ball with this one. Who could not have fun with all those polka dots (Lettie, what do you think!!!)? Out came the box with all the polka dot ribbons. Then I chose to use just the center portion of the single blossom from Bella Blossoms. The leaves are punched from Garden Green card stock with the 5-petal flower punch and trimmed so each blossom had two leaves.


I wove the black and white grosgrain ribbons together for my black and white treatment. The background is So Saffron stamped with the polka dot stamp in the Sweet Sampler set. The finishing touch is the sheer ribbon bow with the Styled Silver Hodgepodge brad in the center.

This is a pretty cheery card so I think it'll probably be a birthday card. I'll add a sentiment later when I decide who will be the recipient.

Hope you're enjoying the Teapot Tuesday posts.

4 comments:

  1. Once again thank you for the kind comments...but I gotta tell you girl, you are very creative. What you did with the ribbon rocks! How fun to get the checkboard in there with ribbon!

    Its awesome! I am glad you had fun with it! You know me! I feel the same way about polka dots!

    Thanks for the link, for your company, and for sharing your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your Teapot Tuesday posts! Snort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lorraine...me with a bachelors in early childhood development...cant remember measurement.If I had any of the swaps left I would send you one...I'm thinking I need to make more. Hugs Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do I think??? Fabulous, absolutely fabulous! I love ME too and you really captured her style beautifully in this design. The polka dots add the perfect amount of whimsy too.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.