Saturday, November 8, 2008

Inspired By......

The Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast today was to find some article of clothing or an outfit on the Boden USA website and create a card.

I chose a long brown skirt that had oval shapes outlined in white along the hemline. The ovals were in Elegant Eggplant, Not Quite Navy and Basic Gray.

This is what I came up with. I have to say that I didn't use one stamp. I punched the ovals and sponged white ink on the edges of them. I added strips of the same colors on the right edge, also highlighted with white ink. The Not Quite Navy brads helped to fasten down the Basic Gray taffeta ribbon.

These colors are a little bit out of my comfort zone but I think this would make a good masculine card or a basic notecard for anyone. What do you think?

You can find the skirt here. You have to click on the brown box at the bottom of the picture to see the brown skirt.

2 comments:

  1. ooooooo, I really like this! I think it would be a great masculine card! They are so hard too, I just posted my own and was happy that it came out somewhat macho :) I will definitely be using this for a future manly card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design and the colors are so beautiful. It has a real retro feel to it with a slightly modern twist. Nicely done.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.