Thursday, May 22, 2008

Flutterby Birthday

We'll be spending time with friends this weekend and two of them are celebrating special days. My post below highlights my friend Linda's graduation and this one will be for a birthday girl.

My friend Kathy will be celebrating her 53rd birthday this weekend. I can tell you how old she is because we are the same age, actually, I'm the oldest in the group according to birth month, but that never accounted for anything!!! I actually have several very close friends that have been my friends since before high school that I still keep in contact with. They're the "golden" ones that the song makes mention of.

Anyway, even though I've known her for so long, it wasn't until last week when she called to thank me for the anniversary card that I sent (see this post) that I knew that her favorite color was purple. So when I went to start creating her card, the one thing I was sure of was that I would be using purple or some form of it.

Here's the recipe for this birthday card:

Stamps: Priceless, Doodle This
Paper: Lavendar Lace, Basic Black, Whisper White, Prints Pack Bashful Blue
Ink: Lavendar Lace, Bashful Blue, VersaMark, Elegant Eggplant Marker
Accessories: Heat and Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Circle Ice Brad, Sponge

I sponged the Bashful Blue and Lavendar Lace on the Whisper White cardstock to highlight the swirls. Then I stamped the swirl in Lavender, positioned my stamp-a-ma-jig over it and stamped again with VersaMark so that I could use the Heat and Stick to adhere the Dazzling Diamonds. This sounds very involved and it kind of is, and it wouldn't be so much if you were using craft ink which stays "open" longer and would have allowed me to eliminate the need for the SAMJ and the VersaMark. But, since I don't have craft ink in the color that I wanted to use, this worked. I hope you can see the sparkle from the Dazzling Diamonds.

The flower is made by stamping the large flower from the Doodle This stamp set, cutting it out and gently bending in the petals to make it 3-D. I really like these flowers - can you tell!! It's a good thing that I will be hand-delivering this because I don't know how that flower would make it through the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.