Tuesday, July 28, 2020

ICAD Weeks 7 & 8

Apologies in advance for a long post to include two week's worth of ICAD's.  Right now I'm actually doing the last few days of the challenge, but before it ends I did want to catch up with the posting.

Day 43/61 - Bloom

I used some security envelope insides for the flowers, tissue paper for the leaf, and part of a map of NJ, and if you look closely you will find the little heart where we live.  In planning this card I knew I wanted to use some quilling dies I had for the flowers.  I managed to find the dies but could not find my little quilling tool and had to resort to using a tweezer to roll the flowers.  I now believe that my quilling tool has run off with my rotary cutter which I still can't find.  They are vacationing together, I'm sure.  


Day 44/61 - Unravel
"Help me unlearn what I've learned, unravel what shouldn't stay tied, and walk away even when it will never feel comfortable, gentle, or right."  Victoria Erickson of Rebelle Society

Micron Pen, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 45/61 - Simplify
I used a mop up card - a card that I cleaned some pigment off of my brush from the previous card.  I added some circles in watercolor pencil, activated them with my aquabrush and when dry, added the letters of the alphabet in smaller circles.

General's Watercolor Pencils, Micron Pen


Day 46/61 - Diagram - Off Prompt

I decided to try replicating the sunset I had taken a picture of recently using watercolor gouache paints.  They are more intense than watercolors and smoother to use than pencils.  The index card paper bows with the all the water used while painting.  I was pretty pleased with how it came out.


Here's the photo inspiration.  


Day 47/61 - Pencil
A simply pencil drawing of one of my flying pigs that happened to be nearby.  This one was on my desk at work and has followed me home.


Day 48/61 - Confetti or Glitter
On a quick trip to the dollar store to pick up a few things I found some wooden glitter stickers that didn't seem to be shedding too much.  The bird and flowers were inspired by the package that the stickers came in.

Watercolor Gouache


Day 49/61 - Orchard
On our way home from Barnegat we stopped at a farm stand and I took a look around to see what could have come from an orchard. There were peaches and plums and they were just starting to put some beautiful pears out.  So I decided to make mine yellow bartlett pears.

Micron Pen, General's Watercolor Pencils, Cuttlelola (dot pen)


Day 50/61 - Pinwheel

Micron Pens, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 51/61 - Blue or Blueberry

Zig Dot Pen, Wrapping Paper Butterfly


Day 52/61 - Orbit

Various pens and markers, some green and yellow zucchini on the side


Day 53/61 - Garden Gate

Based on our garden gate that has the heart motif.

General's Watercolor Pencils, Micron Pen


Day 54/61 - Outline

General's Watercolor Pencils, Gift Wrap Butterflies, White Gel Pen


Day 55/61 - Paisley

Micron Pen, Graphite Pencil


Day 56/61 - Unfold

Arteza Watercolor Gouache, Micron Pen, Map
Once you unfold a map can you refold it correctly?  That's the question.  The quote comes from a Harvard study on map folding.  The map is folded using an origami technique called the Miura fold (google for some pretty easy tutorials).  


With the map out of the pocket.


Five more days to this challenge and the week is flying by!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely detailed icads, I saw them on Instagram too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had loads of favourites from these two weeks! I'm impressed at how pretty the security envelope flowers look. And I love the tropical bird, and the sunset. But I think my absolute favourite is the folded map one.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.