Monday, February 15, 2016

Just a "Little" Journaling

A few days ago, in my news feed on Facebook, one of the weather sites that I follow posted this image of an impending storm.  This is a windflow map (not sure if that's an official name, but it indicates the flow of the winds).  I really thought it was so pretty and it inspired me to do the drawing below in my little art journal.  

Feb 7: Sunday Night Observations:
Image from weathernj.com

I used some of my new colored Micron pens.  (There are certain perks from working in a school office and getting e-mails from vendors, especially art supply vendors that I can order from outside of school and still get the coupons and sales.)


One of the tangles that I recently added to my tangle calendar was Tamisolo by Hanny Nura.  I liked it a lot and thought that it would look pretty cool with color in those tips.  I had recently gotten some new pencils (Caran D'Ache Pablo permanent color pencils) and wanted to give them a try. The top one with all the colors looks a little milky because I did go over the colored areas with the white pencil in the set in an attempt to use it as a blender.  It did blend, but the downside was the milkiness of the colors afterwards. 


On the second one I stuck with a certain pallet, one combination for all the tangles that went left and another for the tangles that went right.  


This is a 3.5 x 5 inch journal with 100 lb. weight paper which makes it good for wet media and a little toothy for dry.  The pencils do well on the pages with blending but I think it's a bit to toothy for the Micron pens, but that probably won't stop me for doing more work with the pens in it.  

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wind flow map! So colourful and pretty! I love your painting of it too!
    Thank you for your comments on my blog:-)
    Sunshine New Zealand
    www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that weather map is beautiful. I've never seen anything like it before. No wonder you were inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.