Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Jingle Belles *TEXT* Me

Our mission this time is to "make a holiday card with the emphasis on the words".  So for my first card I chose to highlight this Memory Box die I cut from white glitter paper which really is very sparkly, just not in the picture.  I used a pine bough embossing folder for the background and layered the green on the red then the white card back.  I came across this ribbon in my stash and just had to add it somehow to this card pulling the colors and the embossing motif together.  I only regretted not using gold glitter paper for the sentiment afterwards which might have been a little better with the gold in the ribbon.  


I managed to get a second card done a little quicker.  I used some papers that I had picked up on clearance last Christmas.  The deer are already printed and glittered on the paper.  I cut the panel from a different sheet and knew that I wanted to add some jingle bells along the bottom.  When I first laid it out, the bells seemed to disappear so I took a portion of a kraft-colored doily to put beneath the bells so they might stand out more and I think it worked pretty well.  I'm thinking that maybe I should have darkened it with a little VersaMark first, but I'm keeping it the way it is.


Now it's time to check out all the other Jingle Belles and what they've been "texting" these last two weeks.  

4 comments:

  1. I love those big word dies ... and who doesn't love a jingle ... so very glad you got texty with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly that memory box die is AWESOME!!! so skinnnnnnnneeeee! love the "keep calm" card as well, and it's perfectly paired with the glittery reindeer paper. 2 more triumphant holiday masterpieces! so glad you could join our texty fun... times two... at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the white on the green...especially knowing it's shimmery. Trying to think of a quick idea for four Eastman ds myself... being sick means I am batting at zero so far on my February quota. That is such pretty ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so beautiful! Love the stamping layers and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.