Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Jingle Belles Bling on the Holidays

Blinging it up for this Jingle Belles challenge.  I have glitter paper, metallic paper, rhinestone stickers, metallic ribbon and more.  I decided, going through my papers, to stick with silver and white, with a touch of blue for my color pallet.  The hardest part about this was the picture taking. It's pretty hard to see all the sparkle, but it's there.


Add caption
You can barely see the light blue stones in the top-most ornament.  I took some of the extra stones from the sentiment which originally said "joy to you" and added the darker blue stones to the snowflake.  Thank heavens for tweezers!  The large ornament paper came with the glitter swirls already on it.  And the bottom ornament is silver textured metallic paper.  


This card is a little larger than I normally do so I could fit all those ornaments on.  It's 5 x 7, which is still a standard size though.  I like larger cards, I just don't have a large selection of envelopes to go along with larger sizes.  

So, all you card makers out there - tell me what you do when you accidentally get something stuck to the back of your card and try pulling it off but manage to pull off a layer of paper too?  I think this card front is going to need a new backing!  

I've got to go check out the Jingle Belles gallery now - join me by clicking here.


4 comments:

  1. I can see the blue gems ... and they are oh-so-pretty ... so glad you helped us BLING in the holidays at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooh! every conceivable form of sparkle & bling... definitely a case where more is merrier, absolutely LOVE this! thanks for "blinging on the holidays" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the detail on this card. I can't tell if your background cardstock is just folded in half. I have sometimes glued more background paper to the back of the card. Don't know if you include photos with your Christmas cards, but I do in some of them sometimes. Once, I just glued it to the back of the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas Dorrie! I thought this might be too big for a photo, but just realized that most of them would be 4x6's so this would be a good size card to use for that. Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.