Sunday, June 7, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Pics

We spent some wonderful time with friends over the Memorial Day weekend. One of the things we did was to visit the Barnegat lighthouse and walk out to the beach. When we arrived at the lighthouse it was clear with a haze over the water. As we walked out towards the beach the haze moved in.

The first picture is of the birds on the rocks when we reached the ocean. I love how this picture came out with the haze. The birds were all gathered there, almost as if they too were waiting for the fog to blow away.


The second picture is walking back towards the lighthouse. Again, it is partially obscured by the fog.

The third picture is of the sunset from the area behind my friend's condo.

Lastly, this is a heron I believe. This guy was among the rocks as we walked out toward the ocean. Again, I love how this turned out with all the textures of the rocks, the water, the moss, and the clumps of seaweed and shells. The bird's neck reminds me of a question mark, so I ask - which is your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. I'd have to say the sunset! Oh how I need to get to the beach soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heron with the sunset a very close second. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.