Friday, February 20, 2009

Virtual Stamp Night

This evening I gave up the TV to HWNSNBP so he could watch Apollo 13 for the scaty-eighth time so that I could take part in a special evening over at Splitcoast Stampers. A few times a year they have what is called Virtual Stamp Night. They have a central theme (the theme this time is What's Love Got to Do With It) and they post challenges every hour on Friday night from 5-11 and Saturday from 12-11. You have 45 mins. to create your entry and can post it anytime before 10 p.m. on Sunday.

I've never participated before this evening. I managed to get two of the challenges done in between other things.

The first one I chose to do had to do with chocolate. We were given a color palette for three types of chocolate and were supposed to pick our favorite. I chose the one for dark chocolate - because it's supposed to be healthier for you (but I prefer milk, shhhh!). The colors were Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, and Apricot Appeal. When I first read them a butterfly appeared in my head, so I checked my new stack of stamps and sure enough, there was a butterfly. The stamp set is God's Beauty and is a level one hostess set.

The second one was a sketch challenge. You needed a big circle and a big heart on a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card base with a 5 1/4 x 4" background. You were to put something you love in the circle. I love flowers and decided to use my new 5th Avenue Floral set with the rose. I watercolored it to look like one of the roses that we do have in our yard.


I had fun doing these although it is definitely a challenge to get something done start to finish in 45 mins. for me. There were other challenges tonight that I didn't get to, but I may try to complete a couple more in the morning and who knows what tomorrow afternoon and evening will hold.

1 comment:

  1. Love your butterfly card Lorraine! The colors really pop on the choc chip!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.