Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 34

Honestly, I can't remember the last time, if ever, that I made the tea party on the right date. Yippee!!!

You know what's coming next month don't you? St. Patty's Day! And of course Cindy would have a St. Patrick's Day teapot to share and give us inspiration this week. Please check out her glob to see her card and to read her story. She always has such cute stories to go with her creations.

I was going to do a box that was featured as the Technique Challenge on Splitcoast yesterday, but I'll save that for something else. Instead, I happened upon my Holiday Blitz stamp set as I was organizing my stamping shelves (by order of HWNSNBP who thinks I should be getting somethings done around here in the next couple of weeks before I return to work - said very nicely I might add). Luckily, there was a shamrock in that set.

Cindy said to keep it simple so here's what I came up with. I don't have my new circle cutter yet so I used my circle coluzzle to cut the large circles. The smaller ones are punches. The colors used were Green Galore, Glorious Green, Handsome Hunter, So Saffron and Whisper White of course. The only stamping on this was the shamrocks in Glorious Green. I added a half pearl for the lid knob and some So Saffron grosgrain from the SAB catty. The white background is cuttlebug embossed in Swiss Dots.

I think this card comes very close to the sketch for this month's fan club on Splitcoast. (Sorry, you have to be a member of the Fan Club to see it.) And, oh, by the way, please congratulate Cindy on her new position as one of the Dirty Girls. That means she'll be sharing some extra-special projects in the Fan Club for the next 6 months (again, you've got to be a member to see it). I'm thrilled for her and look forward to viewing her wonderful work there.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words! You always have such nice things to say!

    No fair! This is the card I wanted to make for this teapot! It is just precious and that sketch worked perfectly for it! I love the vivid green and yellow together! It is really quite eye catching!

    You are right, its still Tuesday....glad you made it today but you know it makes no difference if you are late.....just that you come!

    Wonderful, wonderful card! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card!!! I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I just finished cleaning the kitchen, and fighting this feeling of guilt: If I stamp, I'm not doing something else. If I do something else, I'm not stamping. HELP ME!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.