Thursday, February 5, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 32

Duck. Low flying teapot ahead. Ha! This week Cindy posted this very adorable duck teapot. (I wish I could find such cute teapots. I'm going to have to find out where she does her shopping!)

Upon reading her description about the ducks, well here you read it "I thought it would be a good day for ducks! The leftover bees have thinned out, the bunnies have moved on and the only thing we have to worry about this week is ducks in the cups. You know how they are, always looking for some body of water. Should we do iced tea so we don't burn their butts?", well I found that hilarious. And since the only duck stamp I think I have is a tiny rubber duck one hidden in the mess in my den, I thought I would try to come up with something on my own. Now, before you look ahead at what I've done, please go to Cindy's glob to check out the cutest card!!!

So I chose my papers and inks and got out my punches and began fooling around and this is what I initially came up with.
However, I made a big mistake of asking someone (HWNSNBP) what it looked like and was promptly told "a turkey, but the beak is in the wrong place." When I explained to him that he was looking down from the top and not at the front of the animal, he still insisted that the beak was in the wrong place. I tried again to explain that the duck was pointing it's beak in one direction and see the tail is going the other way. Not that he's an animal expert or anything, but since it was not recognizable to the only other human available in the house, I decided to go another route.

My duck is hiding in the iced tea. He's underwater, see the top of his head is just visible in the middle (along with a very feminine bow - oh well, it needed something). He has spread his feathers out so nicely, you might think he was a synchronized swimmer.
The recipe includes the following:
Ruby Red Carousel Note which I backed with Very Vanilla CS. And I used Basic Gray, Cameo Coral, and Very Vanilla CS.
Bella's Bloom stamp set.
Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray and Old Olive Inks.
Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon.
All my oval punches and the 1/2" round punch.
Paper piercer and sponges.

So............... what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Men! Sounds like something my husband would have said. I can totally see the duck in the first card. Love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Thanks for the warning to duck!!!

    OMG! What a kick! How funny to read your story and hear about your feedback from hubby! They always have their two cents dont they! I can see the little ducky in the first version. Don't know why he thinks the beak is in the wrong place! Snort!

    What I like about the 2nd version is that it looks like the ducky is flitting the water off his wings!

    What a great inspired card! Giggle! Who'd a thunk!

    Thanks for coming and bringing a whole new angle to the duck party! Both versions and so cool and I think you are a nut! Like Me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. I saw a turkey. After seeing a turkey, it took me FOREVER to see the duck!! This could be a great blogger/contest but you've already given us the answer!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.