Friday, January 30, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 31

I have been busier than it looks this week. I have made about 16 thank you cards which I won't be showing here because some of my readers will be getting them. I have a lot of people to thank for a lot of things lately including flowers, food, gifts, and favors. You can see that I have a wonderful network of friends and family that are helping me along with my healing.

Prior to the holidays we had moved most of my stamping paraphernalia upstairs into my sons old room with the intention of turning it into my stamping room. But, since the surgery, I have basically been staying downstairs (limited trips up and down were recommended) so I have retaken over the dining room table with my stuff. HWNSNBP has requested that it not get as "out of hand" as it was prior to the holidays and I have been trying to "keep it under control". I have paper and ink and some stamp sets and most of my major tools down here. But when you get the inspiration for something and don't have something you need on the same level - well that gives "challenge" a whole new meaning.

This week the lovely Cindy posted this beautiful Peter Rabbit teapot and as luck would have it, of course I did not have any rabbit stamps handy. So sitting down here doing a mental inventory of what I have - in between naps and laps - I finally remembered that I had a bunny in a basket stamp from SU's Serene Spring Hostess set from the last catty that I hadn't even inked yet. Now, if I could only remember to look for it upstairs the next day before I came downstairs.


I did remember, however, I wanted to finish putting together my TY's before I started on the teapot challenge this week which is why it's Friday already and I am just getting to it.



You see that embossed background - well it was my intention to highlight the embossing with my pastels but I have no idea where they are at this point. I used Orchid Opulence and Certainly Celery CS and colored the image with my SU markers and an aqua painter. I accidentally picked up a black marker instead of gray which is why the poor bunny looks so sad. But, I hope he's not too sad looking to send to my godmother for her birthday this week. What do you think?

You notice that my bunny does not have a book. Well, that's because I took so long making the card that he finished it and returned it to the library already!!!

Please visit Cindy's glob to see the cute bunny she has and take a little time to visit the rest of her creations. You'll be dazzled.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! I hope you are feeling a bit better every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I forgot that I have this stamp! Its perfect for this teapot! What an adorable card...I dont think that little bunny seems sad.....its adorable and I think your godmother would love it!

    Never too late to come to a teaparty! I hope you are doing well, I am so glad to see you come, it tells me that you are feeling well enough to stamp!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.