Sunday, January 4, 2009

Card Make-over

Michael's usually has a great selection of $ items, this being one of them. These cards come in a packet of 8 and there were many different patterns to choose from. I wasn't especially thrilled with the ornament in the center but I really liked the borders so I bought a pack with the intention of replacing or covering that center item.

I was writing out some thank you's recently to some students and staff. I had found a package from a while ago of some cute holiday postcards that I used for the student TY's that I'm mailing, but I needed something to put in an envelope for the staff members, so I scrounged around and found this packet of notecards. Then I put the gears to work - remember my resolution is to use up my cache. Taking into account the items that I presently had on my work table I came up with this. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and a die cut and voila! I wish you could see it up close because the red piece is embossed and raised and really looks cool.

So next time you're in Mike's take a second look at some of those notecards. You can add any kind of embellishment to them to give them more interest, like jewels, stickers, die cuts, even ribbons.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine, I always love reading stories of RAK's. This one was truly precious because I was the recipient of your kindness as you were of Mary's. Thank you friend, for everything, including your patience with me and my late posting of your lovely and thoughtful gifts.
    Take care.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as usual. I like the idea of embellishing as a bit of the work has already been done for you. Now, if only I could do it as lovely as you do.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.