Wednesday, October 22, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 10/20

I couldn't wait to use this new stamp set called Scandinavian Season because it brings me back to my painting roots. I love this style of painting called Norwegian Rosemaling. It's based on c and s strokes and stylized flowers. You can see the strokes in both the watercolored star design and the snowflake background that was stamped multiple times.

For the Not Quite Navy base of the card I used a background stamp called Sanded. I think it gives it a rustic look. Then I stamped the Creamy Caramel piece with the snowflake stamp in Not Quite Navy solidly and also stamped off once, and then added Creamy Caramel snowflakes. That piece and the layer behind it were sponged on the edges with ink in the same color as the card.

I cheated just a little here with the star image, stamping it in Brown. Then I used NQN and CC to color it with my aquapainter. I added a vanilla taffeta bow to match the vanilla background of the star. I am really pleased with the way this came out. What do you think? Is it worthy of a Christmas Card?

2 comments:

  1. I love this card! The colors you picked are perfect. I can't wait to get that stamp! You do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine this is gorgeous!! Definitely Christmas card worthy!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.