Tuesday, July 27, 2021

ICAD Weeks Seven and Eight

With July winding down it also means that ICAD is winding down.  A few days more and August will be here.  It seems to have gone by quickly.  Here are Weeks 7 and 8.

Day 43 - Lilac
Paint Pens, Watercolor Pencils, Micron


Day 44 - Roundabout 
(There is a difference between a Roundabout, a Rotary, and a Circle which I didn't know.  I thought they were just names for the same thing.)
Micron, Paint Pens


Day 45 - Kaleidoscope
This looks like it took a long time, but once I got into the flow of making those squares it seemed to go quickly.  
Stabilo Markers


Day 46 - Pond
Do you call these cattails or punks?  I asked HWNSNBP to get us some so we could burn them while we're working outside as a way to deter some of the bugs.  He reminded me that he tried to get some a few years ago and got wet feet.  
General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 47 - Record Player (Off prompt unless you equate the grooves of the marker and the vinyl circles with a record.)
Markers, Vinyl punch outs from some new pencil cases


Day 48 - Cupcake (Off prompt)
I was playing around with my Zig Metallic Dot Markers and these birds showed up.


Day 49 - Tropical
I had done something similar in a sketch book last year.
Microns, Generals Watercolor Pencils


Week 8

Day 50 - Typography (Off Prompt)
My hand just wanted to make these scribbled circles.
Stabilo and Micron Markers, Graphite Pencil


Day 51 - Blur
Zig Clean Color Dot Markers


Day 52 - Ice Cream
Some fruity ice cream cones.
Dollar Store potted paint, Micron and Stabilo Markers, Watercolor Pencils


Day 53 - Botanical
Micron and Watercolor Pencils


Day 54 - Translucent
This was an experiment that didn't work out as well as I pictured it would.  I used a piece of white tissue paper for the sun hoping that it would be translucent.  The writing was on the card already but it wasn't readable so I traced it on the top of the tissue paper.  (For a couple of days last week we actually had a lot of smoke here on the east coast from the fires on the west coast.  It really did make the sun look like a red ball in the sky.
Acrylics, Micron, Tissue Paper


Day 55 - Tendril
This was a font I found online.  
Microns and Stabilos


Day 56 - Encyclopedia
Who else learned how to spell ENCYCLOPEDIA from Jiminy Cricket?
Micron, Derwent Inktense Pencils, Gel Stick


So the final stretch is here and although I enjoy doing these cards I am looking forward to taking a break from challenges for a while.  I have to get back to my card making as I'm falling a little behind on my Christmas cards, and I have so many ideas that I want to try with some things that have accumulated on my work table.  







2 comments:

  1. My favourites are the botanical and the ice-cream cones (I see spider webs and flowers!) but I think the kaleidoscope looks amazing.
    We call them bulrushes, or reed mace. Are they good bug deterrents? I didn't know that; is it simply the slow burn and the smoke.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.