Tuesday, June 15, 2021

ICAD 2021 - Week Two

 Another eclectic set of cards for the second week of ICAD.

Day 8 - Umbrella
I had these felt circles left over from the fairy project I did a couple of months ago.  They reminded me a little of beach umbrellas.  I slit them, wove them together, and added some embroidery floss French knots to keep them in place.



Day 9 - Ampersand
I created an "ampersandala" as coined by my blogging buddy Lauren.
Posca Paint Pens, Micron


Day 10 - Ribbon (off-prompt) - These are some Telephone Doodles
Stabilo marker and highlighters.


Day 11 - Library
Thanks to my blogging buddy Lauren who recently shared with me a stack of colorful index cards, library cards, and index tabs I had the perfect addition to this collage.  I did stitch the feather with single-ply floss, but I can see now that it needs a lot more stitches to not appear as a leaf.


Day 12 - Fairytale
We were away from home and I was lucky to find these gold rub-ons at the Dollar Tree.


Day 13 - Dice
Who knew there were such colorful names for dice combinations.


Day 14 - Word Cloud
I admit that when I saw this prompt I was thinking mostly of word bubbles that you would see in cartoons.  But after I was seeing some of the creations of others for this prompt on the ICAD FB page I realized that I needed to investigate this more.  There are programs where you can create all kinds of word clouds but I didn't choose to use any.  Instead, I gave it a little spin and made my word cloud into a small family tree.  HWNSNBP wants me to enlarge this.


So there's another week in the books.  

2 comments:

  1. I recognised the fairy leftovers straight away. I see the umbrellas, but with the French knots, what it instantly made me think of was that mythology of a snake eating its tail - Egyptian, maybe? And I love the library one (of course) and the Once Upon a Time. The family tree is great.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.