Monday, March 1, 2021

Happy Flying Pig Day

 


Thanks to my blogging buddy Sabrina for this wonderful stamp and die set. It was so much fun to stamp, cut, color, and assemble for all my Pig Ladies.


These little 2x2" canvasses also flew off to the Pig Ladies this year.  


This is another one of those projects that I dared to be imperfect.  No perfectly pink pigs, or perfectly formed wings.  They are meant to be a little slap dash.  My only regret, well there are two of them, is that I didn't add more glitter paint to the wings, and that I didn't make a set for myself (yet). 



Pigs and their positive outlook have come up twice in tv programs I've watched lately.  On "This is Us" the husband of a covid patient who couldn't visit his wife in the hospital but sat in the parking lot every evening had a collection of pigs on his dashboard explained to one of the main characters who also was waiting in the parking lot to hear of the birth of his soon-to-be adopted daughter that the pigs were his and his wife's good luck charms.  The gentleman in the car gives one of the pigs to the main character  as a token of good luck.  The wife recovers and the main character gets to choose the middle name of his new daughter and chooses the man's wife's name.  

The Hallmark movie  that I watched Saturday night (It Was Always You) had a scene in it where the two main characters were in a store and choosing items for her bridal registry - he was her soon-to-be brother-in-law who was standing in for his brother who had been called away. She had been picking out very simple and practical items that she thought that her fiance would rather have than what she really wanted.  He wanted her to be more adventurous and go for what she really wanted instead of always the "safe" choice.  There was a display of copper flying pigs on the wall. The future BIL told her that she needed a copper flying pig because she should believe in the possibility of positive outcomes from being more daring and doing what she wanted. Guess who wind up together? 

I think most of the pigs have arrived safely by now though there's still one over the Pacific.  She should be touching down any day now.

Remember - A Pig That Has Wings Does Impossible Things!

BELIEVE










4 comments:

  1. Oh Lorraine, you are soooo talented!! The pigs are gorjuss, and bless Sabrina for sending you the stamp and die set:-) I was very late at sending your card, so it is still 'up in the air' on it's way to you.
    The mail is crazy at the moment, anything from overseas takes sooooo long to arrive:-( Anyway, Happy Flying Pig Day!! Stay well,
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Piggies and thanks for the synopsis on the movie. I had a feeling about the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little pig is smiling at me as I write. You'll have to make at least a canvas for yourself. But making an odd number, I can understand how that would have felt - well, odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly didn't know there was such a thing as a Flying Pig Day...very cool. Your dancing pigs are so cute and very deserving of a day all their own!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.