Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Sharing Their Creativity

I love sending handmade cards and I also love receiving them.  This Christmas I was blessed with these beauties.

From Sabrina in Ireland - I love how she layered that diecut piece giving it such a presence.


And she made this sweet little domino ornament using a Dutch stamp as the background.  (Giving me more ideas for next year too!)


She also made this tote bag which is the perfect size for a book, or journal and pencils. (Or my Zentangle kit.)  The fabric is so soft and I love the little sheep pattern.


This card cane from Sunshine in New Zealand - I love that little gnome peaking out there!


This fun bookmark also came from Sunshine.  A snowman with a rainbow is such fun don't you think!


Lauren of the Jingle Belles sent me this hand-painted beauty.  Her talents never cease to amaze me.


Our other Jingle Belle hostess, Stephanie sent this one to me - it's actually a thank you for the card that I sent her, but just the same, it was created by her.  I wish I could have captured the sparkle of those hearts better.


This wasn't sent to me but rather something that I sent to my grandsons.  I had three of these wooden postcards that I had watercolored last winter and set aside.  It was preprinted on paper that was adhered to a piece of wood made to be colored and mailed.  I didn't do anything with them at that time because I was hesitant to send them through the mail unprotected and did some research into how to protect the surface for mailing.  I found that MicroGlaze by JudiKins was recommended for waterproofing calligraphied envelopes and gave that a try.  It is made from paraffin oils and waxes and is rubbed on and then buffed.  I did this twice leaving a few days in between layers.  There was very little smeering and I think that they held up pretty well in the mailing.


I believe that it cost $.70 to mail (HWNSNBP does the PO trips).  I will have to remember to get stamps of that value because the PO worker didn't use a stamp but rather printed a strip which went over the edge of the postcard.  Our postal service is very erratic this past month.  Two of these were mailed on the same day from the same post office and one of them got there within a couple of days, the other took over three weeks to get there.  Which makes me wonder who else hasn't received our Christmas cards yet?


Rachel had a little arts & crafts session with Maverick and had him put his handprint in this salt dough for a tree ornament.  He loves Playdough too.  He does wind up throwing it - as he does with most things - but he rolls it and pinches.  Just don't make a pancake out of any of the balls he's made - that will cause a meltdown - ask me how I know!


My cousin Barbara dipped into her button stash and made a forest of button tree ornaments and I was a lucky recipient of one of them.  I apologize for the blurry picture.  It it so cute.  I think she told me that she has a treasure trove of buttons so I can't wait to see what else she makes with them.


Once again I have been blessed by the creativity of my friends and family. Thank you so much - all of you!

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty additions to your collection! I enjoyed seeing the little handprint because we got one of those for Christmas too - our youngest grandson 'sent' it to us for our tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen gnoel before, that's fun. As is the snowman with the rainbow. Barbara's button ornament looks much prettier than my attempt at one!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.