Sunday, July 19, 2020

ICAD Week 6

Day 36/61 - Ocean
This was inspired by an Instagram workshop I did during quarantine offered free by a CZT (Certified Zentangle Teacher) in Spain on Instagram.  

Micron Pens, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 37/61 - Hydrangea
A vase of hydrangea's from our yard.  We put some bushes in late last year and earlier this spring and have them fenced in from the deer.  This particular bush has a plethora of flowers and some of them have bent over and broken allowing me to bring them into the house.  

Arteza Watercolor Gouache, Gel Pens, Marvy LePen, Watercolor Pencils




Day 38/61 - Rust
I was going to look on Pinterest for a recipe and this rusted peace heart pendant was in my feed which was very serendipitous for the prompt of the day.  I just needed to find a suitable quote to fill the rest of the space.

Arteza Watercolor Gouache, Micron Pen


Day 39/61 - Mirage
This is a depiction of what is called a Brocken Spectre.  The figure you see is actually the shadow on the fog of the person looking at it.  The halo is caused by the low angle of the light.  They say that mountain climbers come upon this spectre near summits.

Arteza Watercolor Gouache


Day 40/61 - Gradient
This didn't start as a pear, just a squiggle.  Then the stem appeared.  

Micron Pen, Arteza Watercoler Gouache, General's Watercolor Pencil


Day 41/61 - Cinnamon or Spice
When I thought about the prompt I was thinking cinnamon rolls.  These would be pretty fancy decorated cinnamon rolls, which actually I think now, resemble snakes.  Though they don't have any heads.

Micron Pen, Arteza Watercolor Gouache, General's Watercolor Pencil


Day 42/61 - Knot

Micron Pen, Graphite Pencil







1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon rolls - you're making me hungry! The boat is definitely my favourite - after that it's a toss-up between the knot, with the amazing dimension and depth (it reminds me of Escher) and the spectre.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.