Tuesday, June 9, 2020

ICAD 2020 - Week 1

This will be my 7th year participating in the ICAD (Index Card A Day) Challenge and I'm so ready for it.  I'm going to try to follow the prompts but there might be the occasional card that breaks free.  I don't plan on a running theme this year like I did last June, but if I can come up with something for July I might give it a try.  So without further ado .........

Title Card
Micron Pens, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 1/61 - Hopscotch
PaperMate Flair Pens, Micron Pen, Graphite Pencil



Day 2/61 - Marigold
Micron Pens, General's Watercolor Pencils, Derwent Inktense Pencils


Day 3/61 - Album
Micron Pens, Posca Paint Pen, Derwent Inktense Pencils, General's Watercolor Pencils, Graphite Pencil


Day 4/61 - Sequins
Microns, Gelly Rolls, Prima Metallic Accents Watercolors, Graphite Pencil, Silver Floss


I had to let you see that shine and the stitching up close.


Day 5/61 - Off Prompt (It was 1980's) - This is a tribute to the Full Strawberry Moon
Microns, Derwent Inktense Pencils, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 6/61 - Dream Catcher
Saved Wrapping Paper Butterflies, Gelly Roll, Posca Paint Pen, General's Watercolor Pencils


Day 7/61 - Highway
Microns, General's Watercolor Pencils


You can see they're tangle-heavy and my new go-to are the General's Watercolor Pencils.  They're not as vivid as the Derwents, but they're soft to work with and get good coverage.  I was introduced to them while doing one of the Zentangle Project Packs that included 2 of the pencils.  I just had to have more.  (I'm easily enabled to buy new art supplies.)

3 comments:

  1. The sequins are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the way you do these Lorraine! The stitching on the sequins (my fave tangle!) looks so real! Love the shimmer and colours on them!
    Great job!
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cover might be my favourite, but I love the marigolds and the shimmer on the sequins is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.