Sunday, May 17, 2020

Cards and Such

I promised one more recycled Christmas card from the JB challenge during Earth Day week.  This is it.  It uses another one of the teabag papers this time using some blue and green metallic watercolors.  The trees are just triangles cut from the insert of an old, old, old jewelry display box.  In this case it was from an old keychain that HWNSNBP found in his closet whilst we were cleaning it out.  I stamped and embossed in silver around the frame of the front and added a "star" die cut from the inside flap of an envelope.


The teabag painted.


The felted plastic used for the trees.


I was awaiting this gnome stamp set hoping to have it by Easter, but it didn't get here until afterwards.  So Spring Greetings it was for the kids.  I CASEd one of their samples. 



I had this layered die that I had purchase from AliExpress a while back and had been playing with it when I got it.  I have a couple of these circle pieces completed and this one came in handy to use for a birthday card for my uncle.  I noted inside that he could probably use a change of scenery.  The US map stamp I believe is from Stampin Up.



And just some playing with some oil pastels that I dug out of my stash.  They're not as creamy as I would like for blending, but I think I'll be experimenting some more with them.  


I have been doing a lot of daily quarantangling still.  I just haven't posted any lately.  I'll try to put together a post with some of my favorites.  I'm getting the gist that some of these free instructions will be ending soon since the stay home mandate is slowly getting lifted.  



5 comments:

  1. OH those Gnome are so cute Lorraine! And I love the soft colours you used to colour them! Very pretty cards!
    Sunshine.
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gnome stamp! I think you got amazing depth and dimension with the oil pastels - they're not the easiest to work with. The die looks great with the map in the background. I just received a card this week made with the same one, in ochre and burnt earth colours. It reminded me of the ochre quarries we have visited in France, but I think I prefer the peace and tranquility of your colours.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.