Saturday, March 21, 2020

Zentangle Project Pack 8 - Tangling with Moonlight Gellyrolls

The folks at Zentangle teamed up with the folks at Sakura to introduce their Sakura's new Moonlight gellyroll pens and how awesome they are to work with when tangling.  The kit included 5 of the new colors, a Zentangle graphite pencil and white chalk pencil, a couple of tortillons, and all the tiles needed to complete the 8 days plus a few more.  All the instructions are on Youtube to follow along with so even if you don't have these exact supplies, I encourage you to check out the Youtube videos for some inspiration and if you're game, give it a try.  Concentrating on placing lines, relaxing your hand, and breathing do help with anxiety.  I did these while my sister was in the hospital and the week after she passed to try to take my mind off of things.  I'm finding other ways during this world health crisis to do more tangling.  I'll share some of that in the days to come.  But for now, here are my finished tiles for Project Pack 8.

Day 1 


Day 2 
If you can imagine, the center of this design is actually a small triangular tile that is inserted into slots at the corners and the initial tangling was done on that.  Then the outside lines were added.


Day 3
I can see me doing more of these on any kind of tile or just in my sketchbooks.  This was fun.



Day 4
So I screwed up this one.  There were supposed to be four of the lavender shapes and four of the green shapes, but I got distracted and didn't place them correctly so I threw in another color.  


Day 5
Click on this one to get closer.  It really is more vibrant IRL.  As a note: these round tiles come pre-strung - meaning there are faint lines on them making the sections.  You could see the sections clearer in the tile above.  This one not so much as they had us dividing up some of the sections to make more.  I do like the way the gellyrolls give it so much life.


Day 6
Again using a pre-strung tile.  


Day 7
Something a little botanical.


Day 8
These were pretty cool to do.  There were six of them.  If you notice the design in the center highlighted with the white chalk pencil you can see that 3 are clockwise and the other 3 are counter clockwise.  When alternated and touching points it makes a nice mandala of its own.




Stay safe and healthy everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. My favourites are 5, 6 & 7 (because of the florals), but I like the triangles in 8 too. One of my very earliest craft purchases was some Sakura gelly roll pens - I still think they are a great brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like 4, 6, and 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful . . . I like 4,6,and 7.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.