Sunday, March 1, 2020

Happy Flying Pig Day!

I'm having a hard time writing this post today.  I know that I should have prepared it earlier, but the last month has been a bit more stressful than usual.  My sister was in the hospital and on life support at one point, rallied and she was then sent to rehab.  She has COPD and Lupus and they believe pneumonia was what put her in the hospital.  I won't go into the details, some of you close to me know the situation was difficult to say the least.  Unfortunately I got a call very early this morning that she passed away at the rehab facility.  The situation is still difficult, but we'll get through it.  I am sad, but she was suffering and I have to believe that she is at peace.

The window in the rehab room she was in had a broken catch on it so it wouldn't close completely.  She was okay with that because it let in a little cool air and she was always hot.  I had called about them fixing that window a few days ago when it was raining, but it was still slightly ajar when we got there this morning to say good-bye.  I couldn't help but hope that her angels, whether pigs or not, lifted her up and helped her escape through that broken window to a place with no more pain or suffering.  A place where my father and my other sister, and her two little babies that she lost would be waiting to welcome her into their arms.  



I will keep on celebrating Flying Pig Day in spite of the memory that I now associate with it.  I gives me a chance to show my support to my "Pig Ladies" and thank them for all the support that they've given me.  We all need that, don't we?



I had a few Friendship plants that I handed out for FPD.  I hope they multiply and are shared over and over again.


Love you guys!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry Lorraine, so very sorry, tears in my eyes. I was not expecting that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am so sorry to hear of your loss Lorraine. Sending you big hugs.
    Sunshine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would like to believe that her angels helped her escape through that broken window to a place with no more pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Life is manic and I was just making sure to take time to check in now and thank you for my sweet pig. My deepest sympathy to you.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.