Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Christmas Wrap-Up

There were a few small projects and things from the holidays that I haven't shared yet.  The first being some more of these die cut junk mail trees.  I gave a couple as gifts and have a few more that are finished and even more that are cut out and waiting to become trees.  The plastic boxes that I found at The Container Store are a perfect size to store them.  I think I'll be looking for a wholesale provider for them for next year.  I have just about 6 months more to keep collecting that junk mail from work.


I had to share my little lamp that I picked up at an antique store in Cape May back in November.  I don't usually buy things like that but as I was walking through the store, my mind kept wandering back to the corner where it was and since it was a reasonable price I decided it needed to come home with us.  




Now I have to give a shout out to HWNSNBP for all the outside decorating he did this year.  He reused some of the pot fillers we had in the garage along with some new purchases from the $Tree and arranged some greens that he picked up to make these lovely outdoor accents.  Those are solar lights that look like the Christmas tree lights.  They don't stay lit long, but they look good even unlit.



He also made this reindeer from some birch tree scraps.  He had made one for our daughter last year.


And he even filled this wooden outdoor basket and put it out on the bench he made a few years ago.



I had ordered this kit through Zulily and stitched up these little gnomes.  It was my intention to change the hair on the girl to be white so that the couple would resemble us more, but I forgot. But that's okay.  They might be having a little adventure next year..... we'll see.


I forgot to post the picture of all the Christmas cards that I made last year.


And these little gift card holders that I threw together kind of at the last minute.  They held the Dunkin' Donuts gift cards I usually give to the custodian and mailmen at work.  Those little houses are stickers and I had those snowflake wreaths leftover from some thank you notes from last year.


And speaking of thank you notes - I made a few of these to use as my thank you's for gifts received at school.  



4 comments:

  1. I love to see all your little goodies, but THAT LAMP!!! If you ever decide to "downsize", I'll drive to NJ to take that off your hands! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that’s a wrap! Pretty cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gnomes are sweet, even if she doesn't have white hair. We enjoyed our little tree on the table this year - I'm glad you've come up with good containers for keeping them safe. Love the lamp, I'd have been tempted too. Clever, with the tree shade. And the birch deer looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously art runs in the family! I can't imagine my DH tackling anything like that. Your wee trees are adorable - and even more special because they re-use something that would otherwise be thrown out.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.