Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Jingle Belles - Rudolph and Friends

HWNSNBP keeps prodding me about my small stash of Christmas cards....still.  So I spent a little time this weekend catching up a bit using this fortnight's theme from the Jingle Belles of "creatures".  Having recently getting some dies featuring deer, this was the perfect challenge.

The first card uses a Sizzix die and makes a 3-D card.  I can't take much creative credit for this one as I followed the picture on the die package almost to the T.  I did choose my own colors and added the snowflakes to the background.  I will be making a couple more of these for sure.  


I don't remember the source for this die, but I do remember seeing the color combo recently on someone's blog and the kraft and cherry cobbler really looked so pretty I had to give it a try.


The next couple were a bit experimental with a technique I don't think I fully accomplished.  In fact I know I didn't.  It's supposed to be Oxidized Metal and I goofed and used Memento Black ink instead of Stazon, so all my black disappeared.  However, I'm not totally bummed about the results.  I tried it on gold, copper, and silver foil.  The gold and copper didn't turn out too bad.  The silver was another story.  My silver foil paper was a bit too matte and didn't look like much when done. Well, at least it didn't look like what I wanted it to look like for this particular experiment.  I used two different embossing folders.  


The reindeer die is from Tutti Designs.  The technique in question only used metallic embossing powders, but I decided to sprinkle on some white too.  


So, with the one of the first, three of the second, and four of the third, I wound up with eight cards.

Still have more to catch up with, but first I'm catching up with the Jingle Belles and checking out the other creatures that are stirring.  You can join me by clicking here.  

6 comments:

  1. love that intricate reindeer die ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lorraine, these are gorjuss! Don't put yourself down, you have done an awesome job with all of the cards! my fave though, is the first one, the 3D one. Such pretty colours! Well done! Yes, Christmas is coming up fast - too fast!
    Sunshine.
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are ALL beautiful! There's definitely a winner in there somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i don't know what the "target" card for oxidized metal looked like to but to me these are AWESOME! actually i'm not seeing a bad one... or even a not-very-good one in the bunch. plus... EIGHT cards in one sitting?! i cannot even do that many in a week lol. fabulous addition to our creature feature gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are professional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm most interested in seeing how you did the first one, having got the same die myself. I like the way you trimmed the front layer down, it gives it a really nice finished look. But I think the last two, even if they weren't quite as you envisaged, are definitely my favourites and I couldn't pick between them. Possibly by a hair's breadth the second one, because the downward sweep of the boughs is a nice pairing with the deer's antlers. But they are both beautiful.
    I counted my cards today and have 48, which means I am on target for the year, but I know I still need at least another dozen to twenty, so I'll keep plugging away with you.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.