Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving.


Last Saturday I asked HWNSNBP to take a ride with me to the Dick Blick art store in Allentown, PA so I could see a paint pouring demo that they advertised in all their stores for that day.  It was a little over an hour each way, but he was game.  We asked SIRI for directions and she was sending us on a different route than what he wanted to take for the first leg.  The road he wanted to take is typically faster (less lights and exits) and would merge with the SIRI route anyway.  So on our way to this road SIRI kept telling us to "Return to the Route" instead of recalibrating.  In other words, she really wanted us to turn around.  We knew from other trip experience that once we were on that alternate road she would recalibrate, but as we approached the entrance to that road we could see that the traffic, on a Saturday mind you, was bumper to bumper as far as the eye could see in the direction that we would be going.  Obviously there was an accident holding everything up.  We didn't know how far down that road it was backed up but we knew we had to turn around and go back to SIRI's originally suggested route.  So 15 minutes was wasted on that.  

Once we got on that route we found the store with no problem, parked and walked in.  The demo was scheduled for 10 and we were late and I hoped that we hadn't missed it.  My hopes were dashed immediately upon entering the store as I could see that the time had been erased off their chalkboard and there wasn't anything set up.  HWNSNBP had followed me in and he wandered to the back of the store to find someone and they told him that they had cancelled the 10 o'clock demo because they were understaffed, but they would have staff there at 1 o'clock for the second one.  Well, there wasn't much chance of us sticking around for that, and we certainly weren't going to drive home and back in that time.  So, seeing how disappointed I was, HWNSNBP told me to do some Christmas Stocking (UP) shopping for myself, which I gladly did.  Gel pens, paint pens, Microns, narrow masking tape, Prismacolor pencils, and a bundle of canvases all magically made their way into my "stocking" basket. 

 I don't know when or if I'll get back there, but when I do go, I'm going to have to remember to bring my swatches/color charts.  I was fairly sure that the colors I used in the Thanksgiving card above weren't already in my collection and truthfully, I didn't have the idea to use them on this card until we were in the car on the way home.  I remembered this stamp that I had recently bought specifically because I had seen a sample of it colored with white pumpkins and that's the way these started.  But then I had the idea to add the teal and aqua to them and I really loved the way it came out.  

That's a very long story to explain the card, but behind it all is my gratefulness to my husband for indulging my artful whims.


And some more Thanksgiving cards for the grandsons.


With Thanksgiving foxes to put on the inside.


Hoping those of you who celebrate had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving.  And those of you who don't, I hope it was a terrific Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those little foxes. And the teal and aqua on the kraft, really beautiful. I'm sorry that you didn't get the demo. It would be interesting to see, even DH has been watching videos on YouTube. The most I'm prepared to try, when I get the time, is a mini one with shot glasses.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.