Monday, April 22, 2019

Jingle Belles - Peace on Earth Day

One of my favorite Jingle Belle challenges is the one that happens right around Earth Day.  We try very hard to keep up with the mantra Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and by the looks of the stamp cave, you can tell that there's always something to be repurposed.  If only we could recycle time so that those lost minutes that occur in our everyday lives could be put to better use.  Oh well.  Let me not waste any more of your time fantasizing about that.  

HWNSNBP received one of those "tower" gifts last Christmas from someone he works with.  The kind where every box contains some nice little treat.   We shared the treats and I saved the boxes because they were beautiful royal blue metallic boxes with gold, pewter, and white dots of varying sizes on the various sized boxes.  I used the largest box to make not one, not two, but three cards for this challenge.  (I actually have a picture of the box before I used it but I'm having the darndest time transferring photos from my phone to my computer.  The computer seems to pick and choose the pictures it wants to download and I wind up having to duplicate the ones that it didn't take the first time and doing the process all over again.  The most aggravating thing is the next day, when I go to my photos on my computer, I have 3 copies of each picture.  I just didn't take the time today to duplicated the box pic - sorry.)

The first card is based on this card from Mary Fish that I found on Pinterest.  My recycled bits, besides the royal blue metallic panel, are the Bethlehem cityscape that I die cut out of some tissue paper from a gift and the circle is cut from an envelope insert that I had saved.  


First I adhered the tissue paper to my 6" roll of double-sided sticky tape and then stuck that to some white cardstock to give it some sturdiness.  In the picture below I hope you can see how the first row of buildings was popped up.  Once again, taking pictures of glossy backgrounds is pretty tricky and I haven't mastered that yet.

The second card used the panel that had the most dots and also had two slits on either side which I believe had some ribbon in it originally - don't really remember.  I could have cut it down and omitted those slits, but instead I found a length of gold ribbon that fit through them.  JOY was die cut from another card insert that had been saved.  The stars were punched from a scrap of gold glitter CS.



The last card uses a smaller piece of the box.....with the smallest dots too.  I found this metallic stocking gift tag from a coworker that I had saved and added to that the one gold pointsettia that I had left.  The holly and berries are cut off of some wired ribbon in the scrap box and joy was die cut from a scrap of red metallic fabric paper.  The cardinal is an Eyelet Outlet brad (I keep forgetting about those things - so glad I remembered this one.)


I also used a gold gel pen to outline the metallic panel on this one.  I just might go back and do the same to the other two.


So there you have it.  Three cards from one box.  

I've got some tidying up of my craft table to do and then I'll be over to the Jingle Belles to see all the other recycled wonders.  You should check it out too - Lauren and Steph always have such beautiful inspiration cards for all the challenges and these are no exception.  

Since I'm posting on Earth Day I'll add this piece that I did in my large sketchbook for the #everythingcircles challenge.  The tree contains all kinds of circular tags, stamps, logos and stickers that I had saved I guess for just this reason!



3 comments:

  1. not one... not two... but THREE *awesome* and unique cards from one delicious treat box! you are the queen of recycling, missus! oh and of course i love the round tags page from EC... i have fallen off the map of that a bit (it's the end of the month and my class samples are due... someday that phrase will not set off panic in my heart lol!)

    for the record i really really LOVE the recycled time idea and when you figure that one out i will be Subscriber #1!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creativity with your recycled designs ... so very glad you celebrated EARTH Day with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.