Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Jingle Belles - Joy to the Earth ..... One More Recycled Card

My tidying up yesterday had me finding lots more goodies in my craft room that I had forgotten.  There's a meme about that somewhere, I know because it could be about me!  

One more card for the Jingle Belles Earth Day challenge.  This card was made with a flyer that I picked up on a day trip to Princeton last December whilst we were doing some Christmas shopping.  It was in a little shop that sells all kinds of kitchen utensils and I can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the store.  It was an advertisement for a new line of linens I think.  I cropped it to fit a 5x7 card front - unfortunately that meant cropping off the tallest goose's hat because of some print that ran through it, but if I hadn't told you, would you have known? 


I found a piece of scrapbook paper with the same colors and a added that and a strip of cork at the bottom.  The last touch was a wooden snowflake (another one of those goodies forgotten but no longer lost).  

Once again I thank these ladies for this challenge allowing me to use those bits and bobs of Christmases past.  I do find it rewarding to be able to repurpose things and make something usable from them.  

Join me over at the Jingle Belles blog to see what all the others have come up with this fortnight.

4 comments:

  1. ooooooooh another BRILLIANT up-cycling job and of course those cuuuute geese were too cool to toss, so i'm glad you saved them for our JB earth day fun!

    (if it's at the bottom of palmer sq i think it might be kitchen kapers, which i know bc my friend wanted to shop there and they very very kindly let me use the bathroom, lol; i bought tea towels as a thank you... also they happened to have the kind i like which are extra thin for drying glassware!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect matching of that designer paper strip ... what a fun gaggle of Christmas goodness ... thanks again for celebrating EARTH Day with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those geese are just delightful - and no, I don't think anyone would realise you'd cropped the top off. The paper has the perfect colours to match it - great find.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.