Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Jingle Belles - Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding

Festive Food - that's the prompt for this fortnight's Jingle Belles Challenge.  Do you think that my bacon is festive enough adorned with the tiniest of holly sprigs?   I actually did stamp them with Ink on 3's Fadeout ink so I could color them with no lines with my Prismacolor pencils.  Then, whilst watching a bio on Netflix about Hedy Lamarr (she was more than just an actress!), I fussy cut them out to add to what I was assuming was bacon on this paper I found at Michael's.  (I had HWNSNBP's input on what he thought it looked like and he did agree with me.)
 
 
I used the pig stamp from a SU set and the sentiment was from a Unity KOTM which I altered to say HOGS instead of HUGS.  (I really was trying to come up with something punny regarding BAKIN and BACON but I struck out with that.)
 
I know this isn't much of a layout and frankly, I'm not even sure who I will send this to, but the idea for it just kind of took residence in my head until I got it out of my system.  I promise to make another card with festive food before the due date - hopefully it will be fruitful!

4 comments:

  1. Festive bacon! Why not? Nice job Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snort ... you could always send it to me ... I think Christmas Bacon should be a *thing* ... so very glad you shared your holiday treats with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I'm glad Irish bacon doesn't look like that. Perhaps that's why when my half-sister was a practicing vegetarian, she still always ate Irish bacon when she came over. But you're right, it does look like what I have seen in American cookery books. I think the pig is cute with his festive sprig of holly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holly bedecked bacon! with the tiny hollys fussycut and added on to the bacons! this is BRILLIANT and awesome on every level! (maybe you could use the rest of the bacon paper for "pig day"??! altho i suppose that would be slightly disrespectful to the pig... ok, nevermind...) :) :) :) thanks for helping us celebrate festive feasting at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.