Monday, August 20, 2018

Jingle Belles - Sketching a Winter Wonderland

The lovely Jingle Belle Stephanie created this sketch for the challenge this fortnight.  Pretty cool, eh!  There is a little leeway in sketch challenges.  Shapes, sizes, direction of design can all be variable as long as the the basic bone structure of the sketch can be recognized.


I opted for ovals rather than circles and added a strip of gold ribbon behind the trees the length of the panel.  I also stretched this sketch out to make a long, skinny card which should fit in a business-size envelope.


When I was looking through my stash for possibilities of backgrounds and stamps to use, I had a fairly good idea of where I was going with this but was a little stumped with the banner part.  A trip to Michael's this afternoon for something for school gave me a chance to look around for some inspiration.  As it turned out, the item that I went there to buy was excluded from coupons, so I had a 40% coupon to use for myself.  I was looking for some ribbon that might look a little like woodgrain, but found this gold woven ribbon in with the Christmas ribbons they were just putting out and were still regular price so the coupon worked for that.  Then I found the woodgrain paper in the scrapbook paper section which I thought I could use with a word die.  So "Bingo"!  Here you go.  


And since I'm a little, well probably more than a little behind in my Christmas card stash, I cut out and stamped enough ingredients for two more cards like this.  

Thanks Steph, for the sketchy inspiration!  Now, you'll want to head over to the Jingle Belles to see what other interpretations there are.  Just click here.


5 comments:

  1. I adore that wood grain die cut ... and the trees make such a lovely trio ... so very glad you got SKETCH-y with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a pretty card, i love those oval-framed trees, AND that gorgeous ribbon AND the woodgrain diecut is perfection! (so much so... i might just NEED that die...?) ;) awesome take on the sketch, so happy you could hang out with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your trees on the birch bark paper...and your Michaels finds fit the woodland feel perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.