Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Jingle Belles - Banner Inspired

In case you've never visited the Jingle Belles, below you will see the beautiful blog header that is theirs this year.  Our mission this week is to let the banner inspire our cards.  


I happened to look up from my work table to the area where I keep my paper and paper cutter and sticking out of the scraps was this crazy chevron-like paper and a scrap of the reindeer paper.  What did that remind me of?  I was wracking my brain whilst working on something else when it suddenly came to me.  This week's Jingle Belles challenge.  This was as I was getting some things ready to take along for an extended weekend.  So they sat there until we returned yesterday at which time I took some self-imposed vacation time up in the stamp cave to finish this up.  (Currently watching Doctor Foster on Netflix - she's an odd one!) Then, when I came down for some nourishment, I promptly forgot to post it.  But here you have it at last.  


I know you cannot tell from the picture that those deer have some gold sparkle to them, but I did see something just now that I hadn't realized was there before.  The words "Jingle Bells" are faintly on the paper and I didn't put them there.  Serendipity!

That tree is die cut from a sheet of SU balsa wood which I'm not sure they carry anymore, but it does work well with dies even as intricate as the tree.  

Okay, okay, quickly over to post at the Jingle Belles.  And now since I've shown you the header if you hadn't seen it yet, take a look at the rest of what's there by clicking here.  You know Lauren and Steph never disappoint with their wonderful creations.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely piece for the challenge! Dr. Foster...hmm, sounds like an intriguing series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the Jingle Bells text was in the rainbow paper ... what a lovely way to combine all of those elements ... so glad you shared your Jingle Belles blog header inspired creation with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's gorgeous and you've incorporated so many of the elements... yet the card is 100% YOU! perfection, missus! (plus... serendipitous "jingle bells" on there, holy WOW!) ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorjuss colours, and I love the balsa wood die cut tree! What a cool idea:-) And I see you sneaked in some sequins - awesome!
    Sunshine.
    www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.