Saturday, June 30, 2018

ICAD 2018 - 22-28/61

This week seemed to be a little more abstract.

22/61 - Sky
HWNSNBP had come in at dusk and remarked about the number of lightning bugs, aka fireflies, that were out and so I stepped out and tried to take a picture of them but was unsuccessful.  This is sky through the trees with lightning bug trails.

Mermaid markers and gel pen


23/61 - Castle
Every castle has turrets and a sand castle should probably have turret shells.

Colored pencils and Micron pen


24/61 - Jetsons
So I decided to do a 3-D of Rosie the robot maid the Jetsons had.  I used scraps of card stock and a couple of daisy die cuts for her hat, collar, and apron.  She is stapled to the index card.

Mermaid marker background and cardstock scraps



25/61 - Tangerine
A very abstract interpretation of the segments of a tangerine.

Mermaid marker, Zig brush marker, ballpoint pen


26/61 - Meerkat (Not) 
So I thought I'd use that gem shape again (or the card that I had started with it) to make into meerkat faces and that was just not turning out.  So I opted to make them into colorful pods instead.

Zig brush markers, Micron pen


27/61 - Magic Carpet
This card is completely covered with woven washi tape.  I worked on a teflon mat which made it easy to set and lift the washi tape as I wove it.


28/61 - Garden
We don't have any lupines in our garden but we have had a comeback of the daylilies that the deer have decimated in the past.  

Watercolor pencils and Prima watercolors


2 comments:

  1. Your 3D Rosie is FABULOUS, so creative and fun. My favourite is the shells, but I like the firefly trail one. We don't have them here - I've seen them in Greece some years and was hoping to this year but no luck.

    And - what a great tip on weaving the tape!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.