Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jingle Belles: A-Coloring We Will Go / Or, What Do You Call a Group of Snowmen?

Ooooooo, it's been such a busy week.  I almost didn't make it with this entry to the Jingle Belles coloring challenge.  This is what happens when you have Monday off and forget that it's Monday while you're doing things you want to do on your day off and think that Tuesday is Monday and you have more time than you think to get something done for Wednesday.  

Anyhoo, I was coveting this background stamp before Christmas and when I decided to order it it was sold out everywhere.  So I put myself on a waitlist and then, when I was notified that it was back in stock, foolishly waited until the end of the day to order it and guess what?  Of course it sold out again.  So I waitlisted yet again and fortunately I saw the e-mail notification very early and wasted no time putting that order in.  

So, I did some research and could not find a collective noun for a group of snowmen so I'm officially, with all the authority that I have on Earth (which between all of you reading and me is basically none, unless you're a member of my family and even they would probably challenge that), naming a group of snowmen a CHILL.  


Newton's Nook Frozen Fellowship is the background stamp and the extra snowman is from Flaky Friends by HoneyBee Stamps. (Do you like his rainbow hat?)  I used the new alcohol markers from Stampin Up to color them.  I use some old blush makeup on a q-tip for the cheeks.  And I think I am going to go back and add some flakes in those larger margins on the right and bottom, or maybe a little handwritten sentiment in white gel pen.  We shall see.

We shall also see what the other Jingle Belles have treated us to this week if we click here.  Won't you join me to see some fantastic coloring?

6 comments:

  1. That's a fun name, I'll buy it! Very 'chill' group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like that - a very "chill" group.

      Delete
  2. I am now thinking of that old 'Who's On First, What's on Second' comedy skit as a result of your Mon/Tues/Wed thing. Your new stamp is a fun one and I agree a 'chill' is a great name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You know it was going in my head faster than I could type it!

      Delete
  3. Cute stamp, it must have been such fun to colour! I like your collective noun :D.

    Been there on the confused with days - doesn't help that for most of last year I worked Mon-Thurs, and this year so far it's mostly been Tues-Fri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I wonder, do you like having Monday off better than Friday or vice versa?

      Delete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.