Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Jingle Belles - Baby It's Gold (or Silver) Outside

Anyone else do any "Black Friday"/"Small Business Saturday" shopping?  There were some pretty good deals on art supplies if you were an early shopper.  Luckily Rachel was up and out early enough on Friday morning to do an errand for me and grab a set of 72 Prismacolor Pencils with a complimentary set of 12 watercolor pencils for.........$20.00 at ACMoore.  That's a savings of over $100. 

I was out-and-about shopping with a friend on Saturday doing some "Small Business" shopping and we decided to stop in at ACMoore to check if they had any more of those sets that were on sale (it was advertised as a 2-day sale or while supplies lasted).  Needless to say, there were no pencils left. But I did have a coupon for 50% off any item not on sale.  It seems almost sad to say that the only thing in my basket not on sale was a piece of scrapbook paper.  This black paper with silver embossed music on it.  I thought it would make an elegant addition to a Christmas card and since this week's Jingle Belles challenge was to use metallics I was able to use it right away. 


I took the picture against a red sheet of origami paper and now I'm regretting not having put this on a red card base.  Maybe I'll cut the front off and just do that!


You know how tricky it is to get pictures of shiny paper so you'll have to take my word for it that this is much prettier IRL.

Okay, not sure I'll be getting another card done for this challenge, so in case I don't I want to thank Lauren and Steph for another wonderful year of Jingle Belles challenges.  I am so much better off doing these all year long and not waiting until December and I have them to thank for it!!! Merry Christmas ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful metallic piece, I do see the shine. I did get some art supplies on Black Friday, that must be the time to do that! Congrats on your deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card does look quite fetching against the red ... maybe you should just make a second :) ... thanks for supporting us all year long ... and so glad you shared your marvelous metal creation with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. k, i gotta say the card is PERFECT as black and silver... until you see it on the red and you think YES RED!!!! lol. sorry. :) meanwhile, i think it is we who should be thanking you for hanging out at JINGLE BELLES all year, it's such a treat for me to see your creations each week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine, this is really beautiful! The wreath is so pretty, and looks great on the music paper.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.