Saturday, May 9, 2015

Clouds from Both Sides

Standing in the driveway, getting ready to take a walk I marveled at the dramatic difference in the western and eastern skies.

This was the view to the west with the sun setting and giving the sky an animal print-like quality.


This was the sky to east with the moon almost full but with such soft cloud shapes.


I'm probably one of a minority of people who actually enjoy weeding.  I find it very relaxing and therapeutic in some ways.  At least I did.  I'm not going to be able to do heavy weeding now, but I still love to observe the patterns of the leaves against either one another or against the rock as in the picture below.  The contrast in shapes and colors draw me in.  Sometimes, after spending a lot of time on my knees weeding, I would come into the house and if I closed my eyes, I could still see the patterns in my mind.  


I apologize for the grainy pictures as they were taken in low light.

The patterns of a solar light against the paving stones.  The trees have not yet bloomed full so this light still gets enough energy during the day to light up at night.  Soon it will have to be moved.


And one of my favorites - Confederate Violets growing in a crack in the driveway.  I find that some spring flowers are amongst the simplest and prettiest and I think it's a shame that we can't enjoy them longer, but then I realize that it always gives us something to look forward to and to try to make an effort to enjoy them while they are here.  Like a friend from afar that visits once a year.............


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cloud photos! I just love the light in the westward facing one, it's beautiful. And the star rays from the solar light - that's a great capture.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.